Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Gigi

The last month has been a roller coaster for our family. We joyously welcomed the birth of our son, Colin, on March 6th and Kaitlin turned 3. However, it's all been a little bitter sweet as Amy's mom, Jan Frey, has been battling cancer since Thanksgiving. And Saturday morning, Jan was called home to be with the Lord.

Jan was probably the main reason Amy started this blog. She wanted to share our "adventures" and photos of our kids with our parents primarily. We all loved Jan so much, especially Kaitlin, who she always went out of her way to spoil and make every visit a lasting memory.

John 14:1-3

“Don’t let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God, and trust also in me. 2There is more than enough room in my Father’s home. If this were not so, would I have told you that I am going to prepare a place for you? 3When everything is ready, I will come and get you, so that you will always be with me where I am."


- Kory

4 comments:

  1. Oh Amy. I am so sorry. You have my deepest condolences and I will be praying for you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never met you but I found your blog from Kelly's and have been following your sweet family for some time. I just wanted you to know that my family will be praying for you and your family during this difficult time. I am praying the Lord will comfort you as only He can.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying so hard for your family. Bless your hearts. I found your blog through Kelly's Korner, and was immediately drawn in because we live in East TN. I have dealt with loss first hand, but not loss of a parent. It's so hard dealing with grief when you're a mom to a young child. My only sibling passed away when my son was just barely nine months old. My heart breaks for Amy and you all. Please know that prayers are going up for your family. Praying God gives peace like only He can.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amy, I am so sorry to hear about your mom. My thoughts and prayers are with you all.-Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete