Saturday, June 7, 2014

The Wilds

We spent the day at The Wilds, a safari park about 2 hours from our house. They have open air safaris and we had a wonderful day. We left our house at 8:00 and made it on the 10:00 safari. It was a warm day and the breeze off the open sided vehicle made it a perfect balance.
My two wilds ones ready for the safari
Kaitlin was so so excited
Baby and Momma rhino
Colin was very impressed with the camel. I love his face. Excited and very concerned at the same time.
He loved these crazy donkey things that would not leave our bus alone
My boys
We had a close encounter with an ostrich...... A little too close
The ostrich pecked our bus and pecked and pecked.
Colin really want to get his hands on the bird but it was not happening on my watch.
Kaitlin's fav part of the day were the zebras
It is amazing to see all these endangered animals up close and so close to our home

We had a wonderful day in the great outdoors.

 

1 comment:

  1. What a fun place. I wish there was somewhere like that around here, my kids would LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete